Saturday, January 26, 2013

Updates, and Project Hallway Library

Epic fail!! So maybe the twice-a-week theme thing isn't going to happen right now. But I do have some updates!!

Biggest Move-It happened last weekend. We have done a major overhaul of the kids' libraries. They each have a bookshelf in their rooms that are full (Grammie works at a bookstore... We reap the rewards!) but half the books are communal, and the other half are borrowed between the two of them - they are always in each other's rooms borrowing books to read. I love it, but the shelves are getting old and worn, and we're running out of space! On top of that, Tobes is starting to potty-train and when he does, his change table will move back into Princess' room (it was bought for her, and it's one of those convertible ones that will turn into a well-needed dresser!) so we need to make room for that.

So we started Project Hallway Library!

First we took the bookshelf from Princess' room, and moved it to the living room.
From here...
To here!
This is the "before" of this corner of the livingroom...
Minus the Christmas presents, of course ;) But seriously, we took down our tree last weekend too :P

I know the shelf looks bare, but trust me - it will get filled soon! I've only gone through the books on her shelf so far (I haven't touched Tobes' shelves yet!) but this is what I've gone though before. This is approximately 1/2 of the kids books we have... upstairs...

We went through and figured out what they've both outgrown, what's sentimental, what they're currently reading, and what can be "shared" with others (donated, hand-me-down, etc), which ended up being about 30 books! It made a dent.

The result so far...
This is in our upstairs landing. Tobes' room to the left, the kids bathroom to the right.
Ikea to the rescue!! An affordable, larger bookshelf sitting right outside Tobes' room. For perspective, I was taking this pretty much from Princess' doorway. It's just step away from either of their doors. It is currently filled with the books from just Princess' shelves so far. I still have to go through Tobes'. He'll keep his bookshelf for storage, but it'll mostly have keepsakes, and toys on it.

So that's what I've been up to!

I WILL say that I have a REALLY Special Dinner Sunday coming up tomorrow (hopefully will be blogged shortly thereafter) - we are celebrating our anniversary with a night-in, and cooking a 4-course menu together :) I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment