Thursday, January 17, 2013

Try-it Thursday

So I've posted my last 2 Move-it Mondays twice, and they aren't showing up... Might have to try copying and pasting them and see how it goes... But I'm doing it, and I guess that's really what matters most, isn't it? So far the school-center has been organized (and I've found a few permissions slips left unsigned... Oops!) and I also re-organized my work files (I own my own business and while I'm awesome at keeping files, the rest of my stuff unfortunately ends up EVERYWHERE!!!) Today was Try-it Thursday, and I kind of wimped out with a craft I have been meaning to do for a long time with the kids. I found Pinsperation, but I've seen it done so many times in so many places that there wasn't one specific pin I could share with you.

Tonight we made coffee-filter butterflies... At least the first part (busy day meant we left them to dry overnight and will finish them tomorrow!)

The process was painfully simple. We took old coffee filters, food color, small containers with water (about 1/4 cup to 7-8 drops of food color gave us really pretty pastels), and LOTS of paper towel.

We folded some of the filters, others we crumpled. We then began to dip them into the different colors. Some just did a quick dip in and out, others we let sit in the water for longer and watched the water slowly soak up the paper. Then we unfolded, and saw what designs we made!!









Tomorrow we break out the pipecleaners ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment